Monday, April 16, 2012

SALON INTERNATIONAL



Although this seems to me like an "aside" at this point, it actually is the MAJOR REASON we began this adventure. Amazing as it seems to me, I have this little 8X8 painting titled "One Fresh Lemon" accepted into Salon International at Greenhouse Gallery in San Antonio. I do love this little painting and really want to keep it within my own collection, but in order to be submitted for the Salon, it must be for sale. So here it is . . . . . . . . silly as it seems, cross your fingers that no one wants to purchase it! I know!!! Crazy! But I want to keep this one!

The Awards Banquet was lovely, with our SUPERB judge, Edward Minoff, giving insights into the processes and reasons behind his award selections. Overall, I agreed with his artistic vision. His classical training shows remarkable maturity and sound judgement. I attended the critiques Edward offered on Saturday morning, gleaning a few gems of information and insights into farthing my own artistic pursuits. I must say, I would whole-heartedly accept his authority on ANYTHING art-related . . . . . not a recommendation I would give to just ANY artist or "authority" of similar reputation. Thank you Edward!

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting time! You look great and your painting is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind Maria! I have such loving support from my family and friends! Thanks for keeping an eye on me and my efforts. :)

    ReplyDelete