Saturday, April 21, 2012

SANTA FE?!

I could spend the rest of my life in Santa Fe! Downtown has retained its small town charm and the architecture is very appealing and serene . . . charm exudes from every direction. Believe me when I tell you that nearly every house in town is a painting!
The Loretto Chapel was at the top of my list for things to see. There is a movie with Sidney Portier based on the story of the amazing staircase in this chapel. I provided the link for those of you interested in reading about it. Regardless of how and by whom it was built, the staircase is a marvel of engineering and design, built with only basic carpentry tools.
Canyon Road? You could spend WEEKS just browsing the galleries on Canyon Road. We visited some great art galleries here, including one with two small original Fechins. We met and spoke at length with Barry Thomas at Wilford Gallery, about art and his vision and painting process. He was delightfully open about his work and his methods.
Santa Fe . . . we will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment